Tuesday 14 October 2008

Maggotdrowning.com Southern Pairs - 23rd August 2008



20 of us lined up for the first ever Maggotdrowning.com Southern Pairs Championships at Hawkhurst Fish farm.

The pairs were organised so that each person from the pair would be on opposite banks.

At the draw bag I fancied and end peg and duly drew out peg 20, an out and out flier that I'd seen many a decent bag of fish caught from. happily I made my way to the peg expecting a great day. The aerators were on and fish could be seen all across the lake. After setting up breakfast was taken and then the serious business of catching a few fish began.

Below is what I wrote on the Maggotdrowning.com forum after the match, it just about sums up my day.


Got up, went fishing, caught naff all, went home, wished I'd stayed in bed. I think that just about sums it up.
Oh and I must not forget that Matt got a visit from a couple of young girls half way through the match. (I expect he thought they'd heard he was a good angler)
Mind you, I thought Bill was a bit mean,........when he started singing Gary Glitter's "Do you wanna be in my Gang".


Actually I ended the day with 15 pounds of hard earned carp, the lake had fished terribly, worse than anyone could remember the top weight being a measly 38lbs. This meant the pairs result would be close and so it proved with 2 pairs eneding withe same number of points.


Congratulations to Dave the Fish and Clive on winning the pairs match on weight.


I did at least see a few fish caught although Nick had a little trouble landing them on his knicker elastic.


All in all it was an enjoyable day in good company, lets just hope next years match fishes somewhat better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what happened to the other one?

Anonymous said...

very nice! hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

not bad.

Anonymous said...

sure, why not!